Monday, November 24, 2014

Jingle Jungle 5K Race Recap

On the morning of November 8 at the lovely time of 5 am we woke up to get ready for the Jingle Jungle 5K. Since we were staying at Old Key West, which was not a host resort, the runDisney rep I talked to at the expo recommended that we just drive to the race since there were no road closures for it. We left a little after 5:30 to make sure we had plenty of time and needless to say, we probably could have waited until 6 to leave and still been early. They wanted you in your corrals by 6:15, but the race didn't start until 7 am.

We dressed up as Mrs. Claus and Buddy the Elf


My Mother-in-law and I pre-race. I promise she loves me :)

At the start they had a machine blowing "snow" around that was actually bubbles. I found it strange that they weren't playing Christmas music at the start line. I guess that wouldn't pump people up haha. We heard some Christmas tunes as we went through the parks, but that was about it. The first mile was pretty boring and was just running around the parking lot. Then you were in Animal Kingdom for almost an entire mile which was definitely the highlight of the race. They had a lot of characters out. The ones I remember in the park were Santa Goofy, Rafiki and Timon, Baloo and King Louie. 


Animal Kingdom Selfie

Tree of Life

The last mile was also outside of the park. There was an out and back section of the course that had some characters including Donald and Pluto. Donald's line was short so we decided to stop. He was so cute in his winter shirt and hat. 




Adorable Bib and Medal 


They had these cute wintry scenes set-up for pictures.

This was my first runDisney 5K and it was definitely a fun one! We all really enjoyed this race especially since it was Christmas themed. 

Have you ever run the Jingle Jungle 5K? Did you enjoy the race?

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Your outfits are adorable! The jingle jungle is one of my favorite Disney races!

    ReplyDelete