Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weekly Workouts November 22-30

This week's workouts were pretty intense. The Turkey Trot was great! I'll be posting the recap of that sometime this week. We had another set of back-to-back runs this weekend. Saturday's 9.5 miler wasn't too bad, it was only slightly chilly out which was nice. Our 18 miler on Sunday was brutal! We couldn't have had better weather, but our legs were all sore from the day before. My IT band kept tightening up during every incline. I ended up running to the gym and doing the last 4 miles on the treadmill just so I could run on a flat surface. My confidence about Goofy is definitely wavering at the moment. Our 17 miler went way better than this week's. I know bad runs are going to happen during training, but it doesn't make it any easier on your mental game. It's hard to believe that we only have one more weekend of back-to-back runs (2 weeks from now) and then an 18 miler after Christmas! Here's how it went down this week:

November 22
4.15 miles in 45 minutes
I got up at 4 am before work and ran on the treadmill, it felt awesome (never thought I'd say that)!

November 23
10 minutes bike, Full Body Workout

November 24
4.58 miles in 45 minutes

November 25
Work

November 26
Work

November 27
Turkey Trot 5K-Official time still pending
Garmin said 23:25

November 28
Rest Day

November 29
9.5 miles in 1:47:31

November 30
18 miles in 3:43:52

I put our Christmas decorations up on Saturday. Katniss seems to enjoy them just by laying under the tree, while Polo enjoys them by climbing the tree. He hasn't climbed the tree since I put the ornaments on it (knock on wood!).




22 weeks of Goofy Training down, 6 weeks to go!
Total Goofy Training Mileage: 341.23

Have you decorated for Christmas? 

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment