Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Five: Five Things about Baltimore Running Festival

I can't believe the Baltimore Running Festival is TOMORROW! There's a 5K, Half, Marathon and Marathon Relay. Cameron, Em and I will all be running the half marathon. I signed up for this race back in January just four days after completing my first half. 

1. Expo- I haven't been to a big race expo since the Disney World Half back in January. I'm hoping this one won't disappoint. The only bad part is that we will be going during the last 3 hours of the expo so I'm not sure how much official merchandise will be left. 

2. Goals- Since I've been sick for the past 11 days I'm keeping my goals realistic and in perspective. At one point I was considering attempting to go sub-2 for this race, but when I got sick that idea went out the window. I don't want to put too much added stress on my body, I think running 13.1 miles will be stressful enough for it. 
        Goal #1- Run sub- 2:30
        Goal #2- Finish the race

3. Course- I've read quite a few race recaps and the opinions vary on the course. Some people say it was really hilly, while others say they didn't notice the hills. I'm hoping the latter is true for me. I live in an area where there are lots of inclines and running a flat course is impossible. Hopefully that has prepared me for anything this course throws at me. 

4. Medals- I just love the crab and MD flag aspects of this year's medals. The medal on the left is for the half marathon. The medal on the right is for completing the Maryland Double (running in the Frederick Running Festival in May and Baltimore in October). 

                               



                                                                                                                                                                                                               
5. Post-Race Food and Fun- After the race we'll be spending the afternoon/evening with friends and family. Em's dad will be cooking up his famous ribs for us to enjoy. It will be the perfect post-race meal!


That's all for now!

Anyone else running a race at the Baltimore Running Festival tomorrow?

2 comments: