Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekly Workouts October 11-19

Instead of focusing on the fact that I missed four training runs in the past two weeks, I'm going to think of it as a long taper and lots of rest for my body and legs. What I thought were just allergies turned out to be a sinus infection and bronchitis. These two are not a good combo for running. Tuesday morning I thought I was up for running, but I ended up wheezing and feeling short of breath towards the end, so I cut it five minutes short. I was actually keeping a decent pace prior to that.

After that I finally decided I probably needed an antibiotic (I hate taking them). So I saw the NP Tuesday who gave me a Z-pack. I finally started feeling better and like I had more energy on Thursday. Friday was spent packing and we then headed to Baltimore when Cameron got home from school at 4:15. I'll talk more about the Baltimore Half in my race recap, but overall it was a pretty brutal race.

Running was the last thing I even wanted to think about after running the half the day before, but 7 miles was on the training plan, so 7 miles is what we did. Cameron and I took it nice and slow which was wonderful. This was our second weekend of logging 20 miles in two days.

October 11
Unplanned Rest

October 12
Work

October 13
Work

October 14
4.09 miles in 40 minutes

October 15
Unplanned Rest

October 16
Unplanned Rest

October 17
Rest Day

October 18
Baltimore Half Marathon- 2:26:44

October 19
7 miles in 1:28:05 (Walked first and last 0.7 miles)

This picture does the mountain covered in fall colors no justice.

My Hubby got me through those 7 miles on Sunday!

Total Mileage for Goofy Training: 226.08 miles

16 weeks down, 12 weeks to go!

18 days until Wine & Dine, 81 days until Goofy Challenge, 123 days until Glass Slipper Challenge

How's your training going? What are you training for?

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are on your way to feeling better. I can't believe we are in double digits now for Goofy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I'm finally on the upswing :) Goofy is coming quicker than I ever imagined!

      Delete