Thursday, October 9, 2014

Double Weekly Workouts September 22-October 10

To say I've been slacking on blogging lately is an understatement. I've been not only busy with work and getting in necessary mileage for Goofy training, but now I'm battling allergies and sinus issues. It could be way worse and I'm so thankful that it's only allergies and sinus congestion. Each day this week I've felt better than the day before. I finally got a medication that is actually helping my congestion and I've had a lot of extra rest to top it off.

With the Baltimore Half coming up in 9 days I'm just trying to get well before then so that I will hopefully have a good race. It actually works out that my lack of running this week is like a mini-taper for Baltimore.

My training runs have been going surprisingly well. I've been mixing up my pace, so that some of my runs are faster than goal race pace. I can tell this is helping my overall endurance.


September 22
Work

September 23
4.89 miles in 50 minutes

September 24
10 minutes bike, 1000 meter row, Chest, Back, Biceps, Triceps and Abs

September 25
4.25 miles in 45 minutes

September 26
Work

September 27
Work

September 28
Work

September 29
4.4 miles in 45 minutes

September 30
Work

October 1 
4.99 miles in 45 minutes

October 2
15 minutes bike, Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Abs Strength Training

October 3 
Rest Day

October 4
15 miles in 2:53:15 (My longest run ever! Woo!)

October 5
5.5 miles in 1:39:28

October 6-10
Unplanned Rest Days

It was such a dreary day on my Oct 1 run, but the temperature
was amazing! I made a peppy playlist full of songs that make me
happy and the run was awesome.


9 days until Baltimore Half
29 days until Wine and Dine Half
92 days until Goofy Challenge begins

Goofy Challenge Training mileage: 201.89 miles

How do you deal with illness during a training cycle?

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. According to that picture, it looks like you have some beautiful scenery on your runs! Good luck in Baltimore!

    ReplyDelete