Thursday, September 4, 2014

Eggplant Parmesan

I was browsing the produce section in the grocery store the other day when I came upon eggplant. I realized it had been a long time since I'd last made Eggplant Parmesan. It is an easy recipe (I based mine on this one) and something Cam and I enjoy eating. I didn't measure anything so this is a measure with your eyes kind of recipe.

Here's what you'll need:

1 large eggplant sliced into 1-1 1/2" slices (I recommend using a serrated knife for easy slicing)
2 eggs beaten
Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (Panko bread crumbs are my favorite)
Jar of Red Pasta Sauce
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Prep your egg wash and bread crumb dipping stations. 
Coat eggplant slices in egg and then dip in bread crumbs.

Layer on baking sheet (I should have used a larger one).
Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Flip slices over and bake
an additional 10 minutes. 

Increase oven temp to 475 degrees. 
In a 13 x 9 pan layer pasta sauce, eggplant, cheese, repeating this and finishing with cheese.

Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and is golden in spots.
Bon Appetit!

Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think about it.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I still have yet to try eggplant, but this recipe sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete