Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekly Workouts August 3-9

This week of Goofy Challenge training went pretty well. This was the first week with a run over five miles. It felt good to get a little more distance in. I felt right at home when the first 3 miles of the run were crappy and then all of a sudden I took my GU, hit mile 3.5 and BOOM, felt like a new person!

During our long run I had some negative thoughts creep into my mind. "I can't imagine running 19 more miles after this run." I immediately pushed that thought out of my mind and told myself, "You're going to build mileage just like you did for the half. You CAN do this!" Running is such a mental thing (with a love/hate relationship)!

August 3
Rest/Travel Day

August 4
4.04 miles in 45 minutes

August 5
Work

August 6
Work

August 7
4.43 miles in 45 minutes

August 8
7 miles in 1:17:50

August 9
Work

Got to run with Em on my Birthday!



Week 6 of Goofy training complete, 22 weeks to go!

What's new with you this week?

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. You are so right about the mentality! Gotta fight those negative thoughts! Jess over at A Little More Each Day wrote a great post about that today!

    http://littlemoreeachday.wordpress.com/2014/08/11/reframing-your-thoughts-on-a-tough-run/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link to that post, definitely inspirational!

      Delete