1. WDW Half (1/2014)- This race will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my first half marathon. My favorite parts of the race were running through Magic Kingdom and having Em by my side the entire time.
2. Reach the Finish Half (4/2014)- This is the race that I earned my current half marathon PR. It was a very small local race. I proved to myself that I don't need crowd support to run a good race.
3. 2006 Maryland State Cross Country Championships- This race was brutal to say the least. It's run on the hardest cross country course in the state of Maryland and is just loaded with hills. We had been beat the entire season by another team in our own county and the odds were stacked against us. After the race we were all crying because none of us felt like we had run well at all and we wanted to win the state championship so badly. Shortly after the race we were on the course cheering on our boys team when the coach from the other school saw us and said, "Congratulations, you guys won." At first we didn't believe him, so we took off to find our coach and he confirmed it for us. Then of course more tears ensued. At that moment it didn't matter that we had lost to that other team all season long, we won the state title!! Truly a memorable race that is still vivid 8 years later.
4. Turkey Trot 5K (11/2010)- This was my return to running race. I hadn't run since the fall of 2008. The fall of 2010 is when I started up again and the turkey trot was my first race back.
5. Village Realty 5K (7/2014)- This race is my current 5K PR. What I loved most was that my husband, parents, sister, aunt and uncle all participated in the race as well. It was so fun to see so many people that I knew on the course.
Thanks to the DC Trifecta (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up.
What's your favorite race memory?
That's all for now!