Crock-pot Veggie Pesto Lasagna
4 cups torn spinach
2 cups diced mushrooms
1/2 cup pesto
3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Provolone cheese
15 oz Fat-free Cottage Cheese (original recipe uses ricotta cheese, but I absolutely despise ricotta cheese)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar (25.5oz) tomato-basil pasta sauce
1 (8oz) can no salt added tomato sauce
1 package (8oz) no-boil lasagna noodles
1. Arrange spinach in a veggie steamer. Steam, covered for 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain, and squeeze dry.
2. Combine spinach, mushrooms and pesto in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Combine mozzarella, provolone, cottage cheese, egg and 1/4 of Parmesan cheese in a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
4. Combine pasta sauce and tomato sauce in a medium sized bowl.
5. Coat crock-pot with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of pasta sauce mixture onto bottom of crock-pot.
6. Arrange 3 noodle over sauce. Don't worry if they overlap.
7. Top with 1 cup of cheese mixture and 1 cup of spinach/mushroom mixture. Then top with 1 cup sauce mixture.
8. Place another 3 noodles on top of sauce. Then add 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup spinach mixture.
9. Place 3 noodles on top of spinach mixture. Top with 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup sauce mixture.
10. Place 3 more noodles and spread remaining sauce mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 Parmesan cheese.
11. Cook on low for 5 hours.
Spinach and Mushroom Mixture