Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekly Workouts March 31-April 5

Today is race day! This week I finished off my taper for my second half marathon. I took it easy and am trusting in the miles (all 165 of them) that I have already put in this training cycle! I'm hoping that by putting myself on a strict healthy diet based around lean protein, veggies and fruits the past 2 weeks will help me to feel my best on race day. 

Tapering has made me grumpy this week, my poor husband :/ Needless to say I'm excited to indulge and eat french fries and ice cream after the race!

March 31
4.72 miles in 45 minutes avg pace 9:32 min/mile

April 1
10 minutes bike, 5 minutes rowing, Shoulder, biceps and triceps strength training, 15 minutes elliptical

April 2
3.2 miles in 30 minutes, avg pace 9:22 min/mile

April 3
Work

April 4
Work

April 5
Rest


I used this all week when I was craving/tempted by sweets!

Anyone else racing this weekend? I know a lot of people are doing the Cherry Blossom 10 miler today.

That's all for now!


1 comment:

  1. I am a person that cooks in the Crockpot all the time! I like the Pulled Pork recipe, and the Mup Pie and Chicken Fajitas is awesome to make. This is a good time to cook in a slow cooker in the summer because it does not heat up the house!

    Jayme Silvestri

    ReplyDelete