Saturday, January 25, 2014

Eating Around The World (Disney World, that is)

I realized as we were going about our trip at Disney that a large portion of it revolved around food. There were restaurants/specific foods that I knew I wanted to try while I was there. I also had to eat some old favorites too! I thought it would be fun to post about some of my favorite Disney foods. I was glad I ran a half marathon while I was there because let me tell you I had quite the appetite :) This picture was too perfect!

Spice Crusted Mahi Mahi Sandwich at Contempo Cafe (inside Contemporary Resort)


I tried this sandwich on a whim during a trip in 2011 and fell in love. The combo of the fish, roll and slaw is perfection. The house made chips are delicious also. I always look forward to eating this at some point during my trip. 

Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe (inside Polynesian resort)


Two pieces of sourdough bread are stuffed with bananas, fried and then dipped in cinnamon and sugar. There's a strawberry dipping sauce for the side. Yum! It was so good I didn't even add syrup. I was expecting it to be rich and sickeningly sweet, but it wasn't. 

Dole Whip 


We tried Dole Whips for the first time during this trip. I knew it had a cult like following and I needed to try it to see why. Well, we're hooked! We tried it at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom. That same night we decided to eat at Capt. Cook's at the Polynesian so we could get self-serve Dole Whip.

Mickey Ice Cream Bar 


Simple. Classic. Delicious. That is all. 

Disney Cupcakes 


I have tried quite a few of these and like almost all of them. This trip I tried the Butterfinger cupcake on the right and actually didn't like it. I was disappointed, but I didn't like the chocolate cake and it was too rich. The red velvet on the left was delicious. 

'Ohana (at Polynesian Resort)


I can't recommend this restaurant enough! We tried it for the first time this trip. It was so good we went back again for dinner. It's family style/all-you-care-to-eat. You start with pineapple coconut bread. Then they bring wings and the most amazing pork dumplings. I think I could have filled up just on dumplings. Then there's lo-mein and stir fry veggies. Then they bring skewers of meat to your table. They serve chicken, pork, steak and shrimp. Lastly, there's bread pudding (pictured above). It was to die for! If you love bread pudding like I do you also have to try it at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney.

Mickey Soft Pretzel


I love soft pretzels and the one I got at Magic Kingdom was a perfect afternoon snack. 



What are you favorite Disney foods?

That's all for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment