Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Week 6, Day 2 and Salmon Florentine

Today I ran on the treadmill at the gym. I needed a day of not running on asphalt and the ability to control my pace easily. It went pretty well and felt good.

   Standard warm-up
   30 min run (3 min run @ 5.6-5.7 mph, 1 min walk @ 3.6 mph)
   Standard cool down

   Total: 3.85 miles in 50 minutes

Last week I tired a new salmon recipe. My husband took one bite and said, "This is my new favorite salmon recipe." Hearing enthusiasm from him always puts a smile on my face :) This recipe was super easy and really quick. So here's the delicious recipe. I modified it from here.

Salmon Florentine
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
pepper
salt
10 sun dried tomatoes, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
Fresh baby spinach (I just threw in handfuls at a time until I thought it looked like enough)
1.8 lb of salmon in fillets (this was plenty for 3 people)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add spinach, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until spinach is wilted and combines with other ingredients.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 min.
5. Add cottage cheese to skillet and stir to combine.
6. Place salmon on baking sheet and top with spinach mixture.
7. Bake until cooked through, depending on thickness it can take between 15-25 minutes.

This isn't the most beautiful picture I've ever taken haha but I love food with lots of color!

Let me know if you try it and what you thought!

Shout-out to my Mom who is recovering from an injury right now. She's in a boot for at least 2-4 weeks :/ She started running earlier this year and completed her first 5k in June. She totally rocked it! She's lost weight from diet and exercise and looks great. It's absolutely killing her to not run or even go on a walk. Just remember Mom, the more closely you follow the doctor's orders now the longer you should be injury free later. So rest up now and you'll be back at it before you know it! According to this Mom, you are officially a runner...

Source (I love this site, some of the bibs are hilarious)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment