Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week 6, Day 1

This past weekend we were at LBI again for a long weekend. It was Chowder fest which is a huge deal on the island and it draws thousands of people. We didn't go into the actual chowder fest because it was so packed, but I did eat some really good chowder that I bought from a restaurant competing in the chowder contest. I had Rhode Island chowder which is my new favorite! It's half Manhattan clam chowder and half New England clam chowder (yum!!). They had sales at most of the shops because it was the last weekend they would be open until next summer. It was a lot of fun and we had crazy warm weather considering it was October. I even got to lay out on the beach and take a little nap.

Ok, back to running...Monday we ran outside at the beach before heading back to Virginia. The sky was cloudy and looked like it could rain anytime. In the middle of our run we were stopped by a lady who said, "There's a tornado watch, like right now." Well isn't that just some motivation to pick up the pace haha. This run felt HORRIBLE. My legs were achy all over. I think this was due to the fact that I had run hard the previous two runs. I took plenty of time to stretch afterwards and I'm feeling recovered today.

  55 min: 4 miles


Beautiful sunset on the way back to VA

No comments:

Post a Comment