Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 3, Day 1

It's hard to believe we're already on week 3 of training! Yesterday I did a 30 minute run at the gym and let me tell you, it felt amazing!!! By far the best run yet :) I felt as if I could run forever.

Standard Warm-up
30 min Run (2:30 min @ 5.6 mph, 1 min walk @ 3.5 mph)
Standard Cool down

Total: 3.75 miles

Last night for dinner I made stuffed mushrooms for meatless Monday. I based it off of a recipe from Bodyrock, but made a few alterations of my own.

Here's what you'll need:

4 large Portobello mushrooms
1 onion
4 plum tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 lemon
A few handfuls of spinach
Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Sea salt

Preheat oven to 400.

1. Chop onion.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Add onion and cook until slightly brown.
3. Chop tomatoes and add to skillet with onion.
4. Add garlic, spinach, sea salt to taste and lemon to skillet.
5. Saute until tomatoes are soft and spinach is wilted.
6. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and add filling.
7.  Top with cheese. Bake for 12 minutes.



This recipe was easy and quick! My husband and I both enjoyed them. 

That's all for now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment