Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 2 Day 3

Saturday after my shift I went to the gym to run. I knew it probably wasn't going to be the best run of my life because I had been awake since 5:15 am and had been on my feet for over 12 hours. I tried to stay super hydrated throughout my shift and ate a small snack on the way to the gym. When I got on the treadmill I could tell my legs were fatigued. I got through the walking part of the warm-up and as soon as I started the jogging portion my left knee was killing me. Luckily, I packed my knee brace just in case this situation were to arise. Once I had the brace on I was able to run without pain. I made it through the 2 mile run plus warm-up and cool down. It was a struggle, but my legs toughed it out. Mind over matter, right?! I got home at 9 pm and immediately ate dinner and went to bed because I had to be up at 5:15 am for work the next morning! On long runs you aren't supposed to focus on time, just endurance. Sometimes I feel like I am getting nowhere running at such a slow pace and seeing the slow mile times. I have to remind myself you can't run 8:30-9 min miles times for 13.1 miles! I guess this is something I will get used to as training progresses...

2 miles- 26:14

Check back tomorrow for a new recipe and a much more encouraging workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment