Thursday, September 12, 2013

Week 2 Day 2

Today I completed my second 30 minute workout in week two. It felt pretty good considering my knee had been bothering my for the past two days. I wore a knee brace to work on Wednesday and I think that helped support it throughout my shift. Today I ran brace free on the treadmill.

Standard Warm-up
30 min (2:30 min at 5.5-5.6 mph, 1 min at 3.5 mph)
Standard Cool down
Full Body Stretch

Total: 3.8 miles

I used the foam roller on my IT band when I got home. My hip started to tighten up while running so I'm pretty sure the source of my knee and hip pain is from my IT band being too tight. Sadly, this isn't the first time I have dealt with this problem. I am hoping if I am proactive about stretching, foam rolling and icing my knees they will be able to go the distance throughout training and on race day.

I needed a little motivation to get myself moving today so I watched the video recap of last year's half marathon. Needless to say, it worked. Sometimes you lose sight of exactly what you are training for. I am so excited to run the race and cross the finish line. Only 120 days to go!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment