Friday, September 6, 2013

Week 1 Day 2

Yesterday I completed day 2 of my training. The plan that Jeff Galloway created for the WDW Half only involves running 3 days a week for 19 weeks. Two of the runs are 30 minutes with a warm-up and cool-down. The third is a "long run" in which you run a certain distance.

Standard warm-up: Walk 5 min. Jog 30 sec, walk 30 sec for 5 min.
Run: 30 min (run @ 5.5 mph- 2:30 minute, walk @ 3.6- 1 minute)
Standard Cool down: walk 10 minutes @ 3.5 mph

Total: 3.75 miles in 50 minutes

This workout didn't feel as good as Monday's. My stomach kept cramping. I had to go to the bathroom 10 minutes after I started, and I ended up holding it until the end. I'm staying positive though. These type of days are going to happen. I would rather get them out of the way now so I can learn from my mistakes on what my body prefers to eat before a run so that on race day there are no set backs :)
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment