Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps Workout (rotated through each group of 3 exercises twice)
Arnold Press: 2 x 12- 10 lb DB
Zottman Curls: 2 x 15- 12 lb DB
Tricep Pushdown: 2 x 13- 22.5 lb
Low Pulley Side Lateral Raise: 2 x 12- 2.5 lb
Cable Curls: 2 x 13- 7.5 lb
Assisted Dip Machine: 2 x 13- 50 lb off my body weight
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 x 13- 10 lb DB
Preacher Curls: 2 x 15- 10 lb DB
Skull Crushers: 2 x 15- Empty EZ bar
Front and Lateral Raises: 2 x 12- 5 lb DB
P90X Curls: 2 x 13- 12 lb DB
Tricep Kickback: 2 x 15- 10 lb DB
Chest, Back and Abs Workout
Assisted Pull-ups: 2 x 10- 45 lb off of my body weight
Incline Bench: 2 x 15- 15 lb DB
Leg Raises: 2 x 15
Inverted Row: 2 x 12
Push-ups: 2 x 10
Russian Twists: 2 x 20- 8 lb medicine ball
Bent Over Rows with EZ bar: 2 x 13- 35 lb
Fly Machine: 2 x 13- 60 lb
Planks: 1 min middle, 30 sec right side, 30 sec left side, 1 min hip bridge, 30 sec right side, 30 sec left side, 1 min middle
Staight Arm Pulldown: 2 x 15- 45 lb
Bench: 2 x 12- 20 lb DB
Oblique Side Bends: 2 x 20- 15 lb DB
Tonight for dinner I tried a new side dish recipe. It turned out pretty well and with a little tweaking will be better next time! It's a new take on an old not so healthy favorite: Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole. Here's how you make it:
Broccoli Cheese Quinoa Casserole (taken from Confessions of a Foodie Bride)
1 1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
2 heads of broccoli, cut into small florets
3 Tbsp butter or margarine
3 Tbsp flour
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cups milk (I used skim)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard (we were out of spicy brown so I used yellow)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper, to taste
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (not pre-shredded)(I used reduced fat)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a medium sauce pan cook quinoa according to package directions.
3. Fill large pot with a couple inches of water and add broccoli (make sure you use a pot big enough to hold all ingredients because this is what you will use to comine eveything)
4. Cover and bring to boil for 1-2 minutes. Then drain, rinse with cold water and return to pot.
5. Add quinoa to broccoli in large pot.
6. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
7. Whisk in flour, onion, garlic, mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper.
8. Let cook for 1-2 minutes and then slowly add milk, whisking until smooth.
9. Let the sauce simmer, reducing heat if necessary, about 5 minutes or until it's thickened and bubbling.
10. Removed from heat and whisk in cheddar a handful at a time until completely melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. Pour sauce over broccoli-quinoa mixture and toss to coat, mixing well.
12. Transfer mixture into 13x9 casserole dish.
13. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is browned.
Here's the finished product! I think it even looks like Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole :)
**Note: This was more labor intensive and took more time than I originally thought it would to make, but it's totally worth it!
I'll leave you with this:
Today it was raining out. Normally I wouldn't be excited about this, but today I was for sure! I bought this awesome yellow rain coat back in May and I haven't gotten to wear it since. Today it rained hard enough to wear it! I can see myself enjoying many more rainy days in this sweet rain jacket!
That's all for now! I hope you enjoyed reading!