Saturday, May 23, 2015

Running Goober Catch Up Post

So it's been over a month since I last posted! To say May has been a busy month is an understatement. I have been out of town every weekend except for Memorial Day weekend and I'll be in town to work.

The first weekend in May started out with a bang! I was in Ocean City, MD for a wedding and a half marathon. It was a great girls weekend and to top it off I crushed my sub-2 half goal for this race, 1:53:10. My race recap will be up sometime soon.


The second weekend in May we traveled to North Carolina to see my brother-in-law graduate from college. It was a great visit with lots of family! Poor Cameron got sick the day of graduation and didn't go to the ceremony. The next day I went home to see my Mom for Mother's Day and we biked 20 miles together which was awesome!



The third weekend in May we traveled to PA for a brewery tour. I don't like beer, but I love food so I was along for the eats. I ended up getting some great food, a delicious glass of wine, an ok cider and the most amazing cider I've ever had. It was Spire Dark and Dry. Even the non-cider drinkers I was with thought it was good. It's from Washington State so I have a feeling it isn't going to be very common in my neck of the woods. 


Workouts
I have run a grand total of 3 times in the past 3 weeks. I took a total of 2 weeks off from running after my half marathon. My body definitely needed some serious recovery. I was sick last week with allergy/sinus junk so I took some extra rest days then too. It's kind of nice to just listen to my body and not have any necessary workouts for awhile. I have been enjoying the bike lately, and it even crossed my mind to sign up for a sprint triathlon in July. My nerves got the best of me even thinking about signing up so I didn't do it. 

Race News
Well I took the plunge and booked a cruise on the Disney Dream following Marathon weekend in January. Em and I are so excited to complete the Castaway Cay Challenge and relax in paradise after Marathon Weekend!


Well, that's what's been going on in my life lately. What's new with you?

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. man your blog is becoming professional day by day! And thats unbeleivable!
    You must check
    best site to watch bollywood movies online

    ReplyDelete