Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekly Workouts March 21-28

So the most exciting news this week came on Wednesday when I found out that I got into Marine Corps Marathon!! My cousin also got in and I am so excited to be there when he runs his first marathon. I booked my hotel and everything (a bunch of the room blocks had already sold out and I freaked out and quickly researched the course map, metro stops etc. and booked a room).


I did my first run over the 10K distance since the Princess Half, which was 5 weeks ago. It was a beautiful day with temps in the 70's, but I could tell that my body isn't used to running in those temps yet. My legs were still recovering from the 10K race I ran on Saturday, they felt like lead! Amazingly, the speed workout I did the next day felt incredible! I'm signed up for a 5K next weekend and am hoping to PR and cross another 2015 goal off of my list. 

March 21
Shamrock 10K 51:19 (race recap)

March 22
20 minutes bike, Full Body Workout

March 23
3.05 miles in 30 minutes, Circuit workout

March 24
Work

February 25
Work

March 26
8 miles in 1:17:46

March 27
7 x 800m @ 7:30-7:42 pace

March 28
Work


It's been awhile since I've done a countdown:
33 days until OCMD Half
209 days until Marine Corps Marathon
284 days until Disney World Marathon Weekend

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting into MCM! I've heard such awesome things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I am really excited for the experience because I have heard so many great things about it too.

      Delete