Friday, September 12, 2014

Stuffed Mushroom Recipe #2

I made stuffed mushrooms last week and used a different recipe than what I've used in the past. They ended up being delicious! Definitely something I want to make again soon. I didn't take pictures, because I didn't plan on blogging this recipe, but it was too good not to share. I used this recipe as a base and made some modifications.


Here's what you'll need:

4 large portobello mushrooms (remove stem and gills)
1 egg
1 clove minced garlic (I doubled this because we love garlic)
salt and pepper to taste
1 (10 oz bag) fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp seasoned bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Arrange mushrooms on a baking sheet gill side up and bake until tender, about 12 minutes.
3. Beat egg, garlic, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
4. Stir spinach, pepperoni, parmesan cheese and 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese and bread crumbs into egg        mixture.
5. Top mushrooms with spinach mixture. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.

Note: I had a lot of spinach mixture and had to pile it pretty high on top of each mushroom.

Let me know if you try them and what you thought of them.

That's all for now!

1 comment: