Saturday, March 22, 2014

Race Mantra- Reach the Finish Half 4/6/14


On Wednesday I finished my last long run before my next half marathon. Between miles 11 and 12 I was thinking about what shows were on TV tonight. I remembered it was Wednesday and that Survivor was on (yes, I love this show even after so many seasons). My thoughts bounced around and I remembered something that Jeff Probst always says to the tribes during challenges, "You are going to have to dig deep." I modified this to "You're going to have to dig deeper."

During the rest of this run I said this to myself over and over when I was feeling weak. It's amazing what positive thoughts can do for your mind while running. I usually try my best to not let negative thoughts creep into my brain while running. They will usually take over very quickly and that never ends well.

Having a mantra that works for you can help you to stay focused. 

I love when I have the mental strength to self-motivate! I find it easier to stay motivated in races because of the crowd support and being surrounded by other runners. It's the long training runs done solo that you really have to be intrinsically motivated. 

15 days until race day!!

What is your favorite Mantra that you use/have used?

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment