This recipe is pesky. When I made this in the past using just one pie crust I end up with so much filling that there's hardly any room for the egg and milk mixture. So this time I decided to make 2 quiches out of the filling and it worked out really well.
Spinach and Feta Quiche
1/2 cup butter
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 small onion, diced
10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
6 oz. herb and garlic crumbled feta cheese
8 oz. shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2-9" unbaked deep dish pie crust
9 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon half of the filling into each pie crust.
5. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place pie crusts on a baking sheet.
7. Pour half of egg mixture into each pie crust. Allow egg mixture to combine with filling.
8. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until set in center.
9. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you tried this recipe and if you liked it! :)
That's all for now!