Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Goals for 2014

I started off 2014 with a bang by running my first half marathon on the 11th day of the year. This was a huge hurdle for me! Since I've finished that race I began thinking about goals that I want to set for myself for the rest of the year. Goals help me to stay focused. When I set my mind to something I will do whatever it takes to complete it. So here goes nothing!

Goals for 2014

  • Complete the Maryland Double (Frederick Half and Baltimore Half): I registered for these races when I came back from Florida. Frederick Half is in May and Baltimore Half is in October. 

  • Make more intention to stretch and foam roll after every workout: A lot of times after strength training I rush out of the gym without stretching or foam rolling. I usually end up sore and wishing I would have stretched. I can also get lazy after running, but this doesn't happen as often.

  • Run at least a 2:25 Half Marathon: I believe this is a doable and reasonable time goal for me for this year :)

  • Try new recipes more frequently: It's so easy to get stuck in a rut of making the same meals over and over so I would like to try and avoid that. 

  • Read the books on my Nook that I've never read: For me reading is something I enjoy. Taking the time to actually do it is another story. I go in phases where I will read 2-3 books in a row and then not read for a month or so. I would like to be more consistent. Also, spending more time reading and less time on facebook/twitter would be ideal.

What goals do you have for 2014? You have the power to make it your best year yet!

Something to think about: What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment