Sunday, December 22, 2013

Week 16

Cameron and I exchanged Christmas presents this week since we will be visiting our families on Christmas day. We thought it would be fun to give each other our gifts early and then exchange with our families on Christmas. My gifts were both running based :) Jeff Galloway's book and a day full of spa treatments for when we get back from the race.  Perfect.


Day 1- Dec 17

I woke up at 5:45 am with no alarm this day. So I decided to make the most of it and go to the gym and complete my short run bright and early.This run felt good and I ran negative splits again. After I ran I stretched my legs out really well and then did some strength training for my upper body. It has been absolutely forever since I've done this. I then rowed 1000 meters and ended up being at the gym for a total of 2 hours (whoops!).

Total: 4.06 miles in 50 minutes

Day 2- Dec 19

We completed our Magic Mile and 4 mile run mid-week because it's the only day our schedules allowed us to run together. We headed over to our alma mater's track and warmed up then timed ourselves for a mile. I am always so nervous before running the timed mile. I think it's because I put too much pressure on myself to improve my time. 

We then headed out to do another 4 miles. The course we run is so hilly during the first 2.5 miles. I can't decide if it's the fact that the last 1.5 miles are flat or that we get over our annoying first 2.5 mile hurdle that we usually have when we run that make the last portion of our run feel great...and then it's over (bummer!)

Magic Mile: 6:57 minutes
Total: 6.31 miles in 1 hour 23 minutes

Campus looked beautiful all decorated for Christmas!


Day 3- Dec 22

I am going through a rough patch at work and today's run felt great because I definitely burned off some steam. It's very difficult to work in healthcare around the holidays. A hospital is a 24/7 facility, but I still struggle with the fact that I'm away from my family to be at work. I know that the patients need cared for so I try to be the smiling face to make them feel at home. I digress...

I still used the 4:1 run-walk interval, but I ran a 6 mph for every 4 minute interval. It felt good, but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep that pace for an entire half marathon. Definitely something to work up to :) I then stretched out really well and my husband and I went to brunch at our favorite local diner. 

Total: 4.06 miles in 50 minutes

The rest of the day I relaxed, read my book, took a nap, added some songs to my running playlist, listened to Christmas music and tidied up around the apartment. Successful Sunday!


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment