Greek Quinoa Salad (modified from here)
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup water
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 torn fresh spinach
1/3 cup diced red onion
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 avocado, pitted peeled and chopped
1. Bring quinoa and water to boil in a small pan. Cook according to quinoa package directions.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, tomatoes, spinach and onion.
3. Stir in lemon juice, oil and salt.
4. Serve with sprinkled feta and avocados on top.
2 lb thawed raw shrimp, peeled
1- 7 oz jar prepared pesto
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place peeled shrimp, pesto, Italian seasoning and cheese in large bowl. Toss to coat.
3. Skewer shrimp leaving a small amount of space in between shrimp.
4. Place skewers on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
5. Turn broiler on and place cookie sheet under broiler for 3-4 minutes (keep a close eye to make sure they don't burn)
Expert shrimp skewerer
That's all for now!