Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week 12

This week I had a rough week of running. I've been having issues with my left groin getting really tight when I run. I've been stretching really well, icing and taking Aleve. None of this seemed to helped so I decided to try an ice bath. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I used 60 degree water since it was my first time doing this and sat in it for 8 1/2 minutes. It was really convenient to ice my entire leg in a short period of time rather than spending 20 minutes icing individual parts of my leg. I listened to this song while I was in the ice bath, I thought it was perfect haha

Em and I's work schedules didn't mesh very well for running this week so we ran our long run and Magic Mile on Thursday when we could do it together.

Day 1- Nov 19

I struggled with this run. I was sore and tired. I finished as strongly as I could and just moved on trying to stay positive :)

4 miles in 30 minutes

Day 2- Nov 24

I hated that when I finished this run that I felt as if I was in a rut because I had two "bad runs" in a row. I was determined to make my next run better!

3.86 miles in 50 minutes

Day 3- Nov 21

On this day we ran our first "Magic Mile" which is when you time yourself for a mile. From now until the race we will run a magic mile every other week and our goal is to improve upon our time each week that we run it. I'm pretty sure I ran the fastest mile in my life. In cross country in high school I would usually run between 8-8:30 minute miles. Then in track I only ran the half mile and quarter mile so I never knew how fast I could run a mile. Running and timing myself for just one mile felt really good. I was pretty amazed with myself that I kept the pace that I did for 4 laps on the track. 

After we ran our magic mile we then completed a 4 mile run.We ran at our alma mater and it was  a nostalgic run. The one hill we ran up was the hill we walked up at graduation and we realized that was the last time we had been there. I saw a few students coming out of the student center carrying packages and I remember how excited I would get when I had a package slip in my mailbox at college. 

We ran another hilly course and should be totally prepared for our Disney World Half. This run felt pretty good and I finished with strength. 

Total: 6.21 miles in 1 hour 21 min
Magic Mile: 7:39
4 miles: 46:46
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment