Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Post!

Hello to everyone out there who is reading this! 

My name is Gabby, a.k.a. The Running Goober. I hope to use this blog to track my training as I transition from a mid-distance (5K) runner to a half-marathoner. I will be running the 2014 Walt Disney World Half-Marathon in January with my best friend Emily. We plan on using Jeff Galloway's 19 week training plan. Training starts in 2 weeks! Along the way, I'll also be sharing recipes that I hope potential readers will enjoy.

Now for some fun facts about me:

  • I quit basketball in 4th grade because I hated running up and down the court
  • I've been running since my freshman year of high school (9 years minus 2-3 from a knee injury)
  • I got the nickname Goober at a young age from one of my uncles who thought I was, well, a Goober
  • Yellow is my absolute favorite color
  • I was born and raised in Maryland and am Maryland girl through and through. I can sit and pick blue crabs for hours on end!
  • We live in Virginia now and are enjoying living in a bigger town than the one we grew up in
  • My husband and I are high school sweethearts
  • I am a sucker for The Bachelor/Bachelorette 
  • Favorite actor is Ryan Gosling (typical girl, I know, but I can't help myself haha)
  • Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult are 2 of my favorite authors
  • I love to run in 5K races
  • I'm a registered nurse
  • I have the best husband, family and friends I could ask for
  • I started strength training my freshman year of college
  • I love to travel/cruise any chance that I get (I've been to 4 countries and 24 states) 
Well I think that's all for now. This girl needs to get some sleep!


2 comments: