Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekly Workouts April 6-13

I had a planned rest day on Monday and couldn't have even ridden the bike if I had tried. I took 2 naps that day and couldn't get off the couch. My body clearly needed a recovery day. I only took 3 days off from running after this half because my next race is in 20 days. Well let's just say my legs weren't going with that plan.

I tried running on Thursday and it took all I had to do a little over 2 miles! My hamstrings were incredibly tight so I stopped after 24 minutes when I had planned on doing 30-45 minutes. After lot of stretching and foam rolling they felt slightly better.

When I ran again Sunday my legs felt less tight but I was still exhausted. It was beautiful out, but the heat got to me quickly because my body had become so acclimated to running in cold weather (note: I am not complaining about warm weather haha). I'm going to have to wear my hydration belt on long runs from now on because I didn't stay well hydrated and then battled a headache for the rest of the day.

I'm planning to do another long run Saturday and I'm hoping that will feel even better!

April 6

April 7
Rest Day

April 8
20 minutes bike, Back and Abs strength training, 20 minutes elliptical

April 9
20 minutes bike, Chest and Legs, 15 minutes elliptical 

April 10
2.38 miles in 24 minutes, avg pace 10:05

April 11
Work

April 12
Work

April 13
9 miles in 1:32:20, avg pace 10:15

My face was as red as a tomato after our 9 miler!

Question of the day: Do you have any Easter plans? Spending it with family? Any fun traditions?

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome time on your half! Congrats! Let's hope this weather stays warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely surprised myself. I'm hoping spring is here to stay!

      Delete